Why My Skin Was Getting Worse Even After Using Home Remedies (And What I Learned)



 Why My Skin Was Getting Worse Even After Using Home Remedies (And What I Learned)

Using home remedies for glowing skin but seeing breakouts instead? Here’s what went wrong in my teen skincare routine—and the simple changes that finally worked.

When I first started taking care of my skin, I thought one thing was enough: home remedies.

Coffee masks, honey packs, lemon drops—if it was trending online, I tried it. πŸ˜…

But instead of glowing skin…

I started getting more pimples, redness, and dryness.

why my skin was getting worse -Even with home remediesI was confused.

Aren’t natural remedies supposed to fix everything?

Turns out, the problem wasn’t my skin.

It was how I was using them.

Here are the biggest mistakes I made—and what actually helped.

1️⃣ I Was Overusing DIY Face Packs

At first, I used face packs almost every day.

Coffee today, besan tomorrow, turmeric the next.

Big mistake.

Too many masks =

❌ skin barrier damage

❌ dryness

❌ sudden breakouts

✅ What I do now:

I limit DIY masks to 1–2 times a week and focus more on gentle daily care.

2️⃣ I Thought “Scrubbing Hard = Better Cleaning”

Whenever I saw blackheads or dullness, I scrubbed harder.

Sometimes even with homemade sugar scrubs.

That only made my skin:

  • irritated

  • red
  • sensitive

✅ What I do now:

No harsh scrubbing.

Gentle cleansing + light exfoliation once a week is enough for teen skin.

3️⃣ I Used Lemon Directly on My Face

Yes… I did that 😬

I thought lemon would fade spots quickly.

But it actually:

  • stung
  • caused dryness
  • made my skin sensitive to sunlight

✅ What I do now:

I avoid strong ingredients directly on skin and stick to mild, soothing options.

4️⃣ I Ignored Sunscreen Completely

This was my biggest mistake.

I used face packs for glow…

but went out in the sun without protection. 

Sun damage = dark spots + dull skin + slow healing.

✅ What I do now:

I apply sunscreen every morning, even when staying indoors.

5️⃣ I Focused Only on Masks

, Not Daily Routine

I kept chasing “quick fixes.”

But I had no basic routine.

  • No consistency.
  • No simple steps.

✅ What I do now:

I follow a basic teen-friendly routine:

Morning:

  • Gentle face wash
  • Light moisturizer
  • Sunscreen

Night:

  • Cleanse
  • Moisturize

That’s it. Simple > complicated.

What I Finally Realized About Teen Skincare

Home remedies are not bad.

But using them too often, too harshly, or without a routine can backfire.

Healthy skin comes from:

✨ consistency

✨ gentle products

✨ sun protection

✨ patience

Not from trying five new hacks every week.


If your skin is getting worse even after using natural remedies—

  • don’t panic.
  • Slow down.
  • Simplify your routine.
  • Listen to your skin.

Sometimes, the glow comes from what you stop doing, not what you add.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gua Sha for Beginners: Benefits, How to Use & Mistakes to Avoid

My Simple Teen Skincare Routine That Actually Work ''